FAQs Taxes on Cryptocurrency

Everything you need to know for Italian tax purposes, mod 730, modelo UNICO, quadro RT and quadro RW

Young Platform does not provide tax forms or declarations

Countries differ on how cryptocurrency transactions, exchanges and holdings are taxed (if at all) and on how they view cryptocurrency in general (e.g. as money, as property, as a commodity, etc.). Please consult a local accountant, tax lawyer and/or government official for advice. It is your responsibility to determine which taxes, if any, apply to transactions completed through our services and to report and remit the correct tax to the relevant tax authority.The information herein and the guide by Dr Giorgio D'Amico refer exclusively to Italian tax law.


  • How should activities involving cryptocurrencies be treated for tax purposes?

  • Cryptocurrencies and ‘Virtual Currencies’: a quick tax guide

  • Is the Young Platform account considered a current account?

  • Consider the above warnings

Tax Obligations and Exemptions

  • What are the tax obligations when buying cryptocurrencies?

  • Should cryptocurrencies be declared in the annual declaration of assets held abroad (quadro RW)?

  • Exemptions from filing income tax returns


  • What can you do if you exceed the threshold of €51,645.38 for more than 7 continuous business days?

  • What can I disclose to my accountant?

  • How can I fill in the quadro RW?

  • How can I fill in the quadro RT?

  • Where can I declare my cryptocurrencies and related income?

Still have questions? Open a ticket via support.youngplatform.com to contact us